Just a quick overview of all of the Shaman changes going live this week.
- Ancestral Guidance is now triggered by all damage and healing and multistrikes instead of just direct damage and healing.
- Storm Elemental damage and healing increased by 30%
This will likely make Storm Elemental the default talent choice for Enhancement, and closer to competitive for Elemental and Restoration. Liquid Magma should continue to have situational value for Enhancement.
- Echo of the Elements now gives affected abilities a second charge instead of being a proc that causes those abilities to not incur a cooldown. Spirit Link Totem has been added to the affected abilities.
This is an interesting change that will cause the talent to notably change Enhancement’s priority when taken. Because of that, It may take some time for its true value to be made known in sims, but it has a much more pleasing feel and higher skill cap than the previous version. It will shift our damage breakdown toward Stormstrike, Lava Lash and Fire Nova as the previous version did, but do so in a way that allows skill and planning to have an impact. The addition of Spirit Link for Restoration gives it the potential for a lot of situational value.
- Frozen Power will no longer trigger Elemental’s mastery.
This will be a slight buff to the talent for Elemental when cast on targets you haven’t damaged.
With 6.0.2 arriving soon, here’s a quick overview of the changes you need to know without the noise that you don’t.
Before Warlords release:
- Earth Shock is gone. Use Frost Shock in its place.
- Weapon imbues are now a passive in your spellbook. You’ll never have to cast them again. Rockbiter is gone. Frostbrand is now a glyph.
- Searing Flames is gone. This makes the choice between Searing and Magma much easier. Lava Lash hits harder on its own as well.
- Stormlash Totem is gone.
- Healing Tide Totem, Chain Heal and Spiritwalker’s Grace are gone. We still have Healing Rain, Healing Stream Totem and Healing Surge for heals.
- Each school of totem no longer has its own drop down menu. They are all listed alphabetically among all of your other abilities.
Nothing big here, just an improvement to the default Maelstrom Weapon spell alert, allowing you to keep a closer eye on how many stacks you have with ease. You can easily do without Weak Auras for Maelstrom procs now.
Kôncept from US-Proudmoore posted screenshots on the forums.
The June 13 Alpha patch notes had some pretty significant changes for Shaman, but they are already out of date. A quick summary:
Water Shield is not being removed.
Flurry’s current effects are being removed. It will instead cause haste to reduce the cooldown of Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Shocks, Unleash Elements and Fire Nova as well as the global cooldown of all offensive abilities.
Updated for 6.0
Needless to say, auras for weapon imbues are no longer necessary, so this string doesn’t include them.