Four new Shaman changes have hit the PTR. None of them are game-changing, but three of them are small but nice buffs.
Nature’s Guardian will now preserve your health percentage when it expires.
Currently, Nature’s Guardian will add 25% of your total health to your current health when it activates, and remove all of the health it granted when it expires, dropping your health back down. This is a significant buff that causes Nature’s Guardian to act as a heal instead of temporary health increase. It was already a pretty good talent, this will make it even better.
Stone Bulwark Totem now has 10% of the Shaman’s health.
Pretty inconsequential in PvE, this may make the talent a viable option in PvP. 10% health is enough to cause the totem to require some effort to knock over, nearly as much as it would absorb if left up. You can now rely on this as a solid defensive ability against other players by absorbing damage or redirecting their attention.
Totemic Restoration will now always act as if 1 second of the totem’s duration had expired.
This is obviously meant to prevent players from picking their own totems up immediately after dropping and benefiting from the reduced cooldown to a larger degree than intended. It shouldn’t have any impact on those of us who didn’t use a macro to kill totems after dropping them.
Mental Quickness now reduces the mana cost of Shock spells by 90%.
Mana is not intended as a limiting factor for Enhancement when it comes to dealing damage, and yet it was on occasion in PvP. The issue wasn’t major, but this change should be enough to keep mana as a limiter for our hard-casted heals without causing us to occasionally struggle to maintain enough to deal damage in a PvP environment.
The rest of the changes in patch 5.2 are listed below:
- Flame Shock duration increased to 30 seconds.
- Glyph of Flame Shock no longer affects the damage of the spell, and instead heals the Shaman for 50% of damage dealt.
- Stormlash Totem area of effect increased to 40 yards. This is already live.
- Ancestral Swiftness melee attack speed increased to 10%. Spell haste remains at 5%.
- Elemental Blast now has a chance to provide Agility.
- Elemental Mastery cooldown reduced to 90 seconds.
- Stone Bulwark Totem absorb increased by 25%.
- Unleashed Fury Lightning Bolt bonus reduced to 20% while now providing a 10% increase to Lava Burst damage.
- Shamanistic Rage is now available to Elemental.
- Glyph of Purge now causes a 6-second cooldown.
- Primal Elementals now deal 20% more damage.